/ DESCRIPTION OF THE ACTIVITY /

 

Finca Las Margaritas started to cultivate bananas in 1977 when two different households came together with the marriage of Adolfo Guerra and Margarita Hernández. Both came from a long family tradition of banana farming on the island of La Palma. The plantation is housed in greenhouses and has integrated production facilities. 98% of the plantation is used for growing bananas (Gran Enana and Gruesa Palmera varieties) with the other 2% being fruit trees: papaya, avocado, mango, and others. The EL CUARTITO barn is set up to be used as a rest area, with workshops, tastings, an exhibition, and shop.

Our tour offers a combination of several different experiences, giving you a unique visit with lots to learn: NATURE, CULTURE, AND LAND, the geography and history of the Arona district, environmental education, and traditional culture, as well as learning about the different farming tasks involved in banana cultivation.

 

_______

Guided tour with tasting

_______

Our guided tours give you the opportunity to learn about bananas and banana culture. We offer group tours (and self-guided tours for independent visitors) with a large amount of educational content, which involve a short accessible walk. At the end we will take a rest at El Cuartito and have a banana tasting session as well as tastings of other complementary products. We then have a demonstration on how ‘gofio’ (a type of flour made from toasted grains) is made in the traditional way.

 

 

/ CONTACT /

FINCA LAS MARGARITAS

 

38631 Las Galletas

S/C de Tenerife, islas Canarias.

Tel: (+34) 617 696 045

 

fincalasmargaritasvisitas@gmail.com

www.fincalasmargaritaslasgalletas.blogspot.com.es/

 

Address

Our Address:

38631 Las Galletas S/C de Tenerife, islas Canarias

Telephone:

Leave a Review

Assessment
Publishing ...
Your rating has been successfully sent
Please fill out all fields